Date(s) - 20/11/2023 - 24/11/2023
The European Pro Bono Week is an umbrella event that celebrates the role played by volunteer lawyers, all across Europe, in supporting civil society and human rights organizations and promoting access to justice for those in need. This week-long event is organized collaboratively by PILnet, law firms members of the European Pro Bono Initiative, and regional pro bono clearinghouses and organizations.
Pro Bono Week: NGO ROUND TABLE
21 November | 16-18:00 | Hague Humanity Hub
- Curious about how & why pro bono legal services work?
- How can pro bono lawyers support you?
- Which exciting projects can we collaborate on together?
Share your perspective and explore what pro bono legal support can mean for you. We will kick off the meeting with an introduction of our plans & inspiring speakers, followed by open discussion and networking drinks.
Pro Bono Week: Legal Workshops
23 November | 14-16:00 | Bird & Bird offices in the Hague
Session 1: Tax & Governance
Session 2: Privacy law
- What are the risks, obligations and benefits of ANBI-status?
- What are the duties of our board members? Can we change this?
- How can we manage our clients’ data to be GDPR compliant?
- How can we safely share their info with doctors, lawyers and other organizations?
NGOs often request pro bono advice on navigating the Dutch legal system. During these two sessions, lawyers from Bird & Bird will discuss these topics and answer your questions.